This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Review: Qidi Tech X-Pro 3D Printer
Last update on 2021-05-09 at 11:26
The Qidi Tech X-Pro has become one of Qidi’s most popular models, and it’s no wonder as it’s packed with a wide variety of features including an innovative dual extruder, enclosed build volume, and heated print bed.
In this review, I’ll introduce you to the Qidi Tech X-Pro 3D Printer, showing you exactly what it has to offer so you can decide whether it’s right for your needs.
Qidi Tech is a Chinese 3D printer manufacturer that has developed a stellar reputation in recent years for developing high quality and innovative printers. The company targets both hobbyists and semi-professional creators with its products and has released a series of high-quality 3D printers.
Although less popular than rivals such as Creality and Anycubic, Qidi has a very good reputation in the 3D printing community, where they are noted for the build quality of their machines, and the friendly and helpful customer service that owners can expect.
- Build Volume: 230 mm x 150 mm x 150 mm
- Print Speed: 60 – 150 mm/second
- Layer Resolution: 100 – 500 microns
- Connectivity Options: SD Card, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and USB
- Control: 4.3 Inch color touch screen
- Materials ABS, PLA, TPU, PETG
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Printing Extruder: Dual Extruder
- Maximum Print Bed Temperature: 120 Degrees Celsius
- Slicer Software: Qidi Print
- Net Weight: 27.98 KGs
The Qidi Tech X-Pro 3D Printer is loaded with some sought after features. Here is a list of some of the most useful ones:
- The Qidi Tech X-Pro comes fully equipped with innovative dual extrusion technology that enhances print efficiency and allows you to print using multiple colors or materials. This is the only printer from Qidi Tech to have this feature.
- The unit also features an enclosed printing chamber to help maintain consistent temperature levels for the entire duration of printing. The acrylic enclosure is magnetically attached to the metal frame but can also be removed once printing is done. An enclosed design is essential for printing temperature-sensitive materials such as ABS while it also improves the reliability of printing most other materials too.
- You will also get an interactive 4.3-inch touch screen display to control the printer. The screen is large and looks very user-friendly. It gives you real-time printing status as well.
- The Qidi Tech X-Pro also comes with a print resume feature that allows you to restart printing exactly where you were in case of a power outage.
- The Printer also has a removable flexible metal plate that can be used repeatedly. This makes it easier to remove your finished prints from the build plate compared to other 3D printers.
- The model comes with dedicated Qidi Tech slicing software based on Cura. It is fast and easy to use. However, the printer is also compatible with other third-party slicers including Simplify 3D which has a profile for the X-Pro.
- The Qidi Tech X-Pro 3D Printer has a compact and classy design that takes very little countertop space. It also looks sleeker and a little bit more sophisticated compared to other models in its category.
- The X-Pro also comes with a new metal platform support rod. The overall mechanical structure of the printer has also been upgraded to offer better stability during printing.
- Qidi Tech is also offering exclusive and fast customer support to all its Qidi Tech X-Pro customers. The company claims that customer queries are addressed within 24 hours and my experience of dealing with Qidi for several years backs this up. Their hard-working customer support reps are some of the best in the business.
- Comes with the latest dual extruder technology
- Solid and sturdy construction with excellent printing stability
- Comes with a removable metal plate that makes it easier to remove the object after printing
- The touch screen display looks large and more intuitive
- Enclosed design for printing ABS
- Some assembly required before you can use it
- The Qidi Slicer software is a few iterations behind the latest version of Cura.
- Some users have also had trouble connecting the printer over Wi-Fi.
Unboxing and Box Contents
The Qidi Tech X-Pro comes with compact and durable packaging designed to protect it during shipping. You will also get a ton of accessories included. First, the package comes with two rolls of filament, one PLA and the other ABS.
You will also get two removable build plates inside the box and a user manual to help you set up the printer. The manufacturer also offers a full toolkit in the packaging. The kits are designed to help you set up and maintain the printer. Qidi Tech also includes some spare nozzles and pre-cut PTFE filament tubes too.
Setting up the Qidi Tech X-Pro is quite easy but will take up to an hour in total. Even though the unit comes already preassembled, there are several things you need to do before using it for the first time.
To start with, the print bed is leveled manually. You will also need to install the dual extruder before using the printer. The extruder is mounted with two screws onto the printer carriage. The screws and the tools needed to install the extruder are also available with the package.
Once the extruder is installed, the next step is installing the Turbo Fan Shroud Attachment. The attachment is installed on the main fan and it helps to distribute cool air across the printer evenly. The next step after this is to install the acrylic enclosure. Remember the Qidi Tech X-Pro offers a closed chamber printing mechanism. The acrylic casing must be installed before any printing starts.
Luckily, no screws are needed here. The casing is attached to the printer frame using strong magnets. It is also removable once printing is done. Based on the reviews we have seen, it takes an average beginner about an hour to fully set up this printer.
Our advice to you would be to follow the user manual very carefully. If you run into any issues, contact Qidi Tech support immediately as they are very friendly and helpful.
The Qidi Tech X-Pro comes with proprietary QIDI Tech slicing software. The software is fast and looks more interactive. However, it is effectively a copy of Cura but a few iterations older so it won’t have the very latest features that Cura offers.
The good news is that the printer is compatible with other third party slicer software solutions. For instance, in case you are having issues using the Qidi Tech Slicer, you can consider replacing it with Simplify 3D which comes with an X-Pro profile and see if the experience is better.
You can also use the latest version of Cura, but you will have to create your own profile or download one from the internet.
One thing that sets the Qidi Tech X-Pro apart is its ability to offer high-quality printouts using a wide variety of filament. From most user reviews, it seems the unit achieves a very consistent level of print quality with all the supported filaments.
The Qidi Tech X-Pro also comes with a flexible removable print bed that makes it easier to remove objects after printing. With its enclosed print chamber, the unit is also able to prevent environmental factors from interfering with the printing process.
The closed chamber helps to maintain high print quality and consistency. You will also love the interactive touch screen display that helps you to control the printer and all its settings with ease. The screen also gives you real-time printing status. The only challenge with the Qidi Tech X-Pro is the fact that you will need to re-level the bed after long printing sessions.
Customer support is one of the main reasons I’ve been such a fan of Qidi for so many years. They really have set the standard for service, beating many of their larger companies for quick, helpful responses.
Qidi Tech has a dedicated customer support team. The company even says that it responds to all customer queries within 12 hours. The good news is that the nature of this support seems to be very comprehensive and helpful. Most users who contacted Qidi Tech were able to get detailed guidance on how to deal with various printer issues including detailed video guides and tutorials.
The Qidi Tech X-Pro is a high-quality 3D printer designed for both hobbyists and semi-professional creators. The unit offers excellent print quality thanks to its enclosed printing chamber. An improved mechanical structure designed to enhance overall print stability is also a huge plus.
For people looking for a seamless printing experience that delivers top-quality objects, the Qidi Tech X-Pro is a great pick. Besides, the unit is also very affordable, especially when you look at the specs it has to offer.
In terms of cons, the only significant downside to the X-Pro is its relatively small print volume.
With everything said and done, the Qidi Tech X-Pro is a solid 3D printer. It offers great value for money and would rank higher than most 3D printers in its category in terms of features and specs and Qidi’s ever-helpful customer support has to give them the edge over most of the competition.